A Mailbox Full of Goodies for our 10th Birthday!
Many of you have enjoyed our past mailboxes as they bring a fun surprise to look forward to each day. With our 10th Birthday coming up, we knew we had to plan a special mailbox for the month! If you were a fan of our Holiday Card Collectors Club or the Valentine Card Collectors Club, here’s another club you’re sure to love! We are excited to introduce the 10th Birthday Mailbox, which you’re able to purchase starting NOW in the Freeze Tag Online Store!
Expect a surprise inside every day in the month of July! Since this period is the same length as the Holiday Mailbox’s, the price for the upper two tiers will be the same, as you’ll see below! Like the HCCC, Club members will receive virtual items only.
You’ll need a 10th Birthday Mailbox Munzee to receive your 10th Birthday goodies!
When you deploy this new game piece nearby it will only be visible to AND cappable by you. IT MUST BE DEPLOYED IN APP! To ensure that you are able to capture this new game piece each day, you’ll also be able to update its location if you’ll be traveling at any point during the mailbox period. You can only move the mailbox in app and do NOT need to undeploy first. We really don’t want you to miss out! It is very important you capture it each day in July.
The 10th Birthday Mailbox is worth 100 deploy points! When it comes to captures, you’ll receive 10 points before July; during the mailbox period the points will vary. The mailbox can be captured up to 1000 feet away and is found under the Virtuals filter but ONLY visible to the OWNER. It will be archived after July 31st.
How the 10th Birthday Mailbox Works
Starting July 1st at 00:01 MHQ, each day you cap your 10th Birthday Mailbox you will be awarded a different 10th Birthday-themed Greeting Card capture, similar to the HCCC. Please note that you’ll only be able to earn that specific card on that day, so you really don’t want to miss a day. Once you cap that card you’ll earn points, and depending on which tier of Club Membership you purchase you may also get some extra prizes!
There are 3 tiers of Club Membership you can purchase HERE. As stated above, since the time period for this mailbox is the same as the HCCC (though this one allows for nearly a week of extra caps before the actual mailbox period starts), the pricing is similar. You are only able to purchase ONE tier per player account.
- Tier 1 “Capper” is available for $10 and includes the NEW 10th Birthday Mailbox, which will deliver 31 Greeting Card munzees for you to capture.
- Tier 2 “Giver” is available for $15 and includes everything in Tier 1 PLUS a matching 10th Birthday Card each day for you to deploy, maybe near a friend? That’s 31 new cards to deploy on top of the 31 you can cap! You’ll also get some special bonuses scattered throughout the mailbox period, which could be double points days, exclusive specials or scatters to cap, credits or undeployed munzees, etc.
- Tier 3 “Collector” is available for $25 and includes everything in Tier 2 PLUS all bonuses we have planned (some that Tier 2 will not have access to), AND a special Award Show Garden Gnome Skin worth double capture and capon points during the month of July! The bonus rewards will be well worth joining this tier over the previous two. You can find out more about Award Show Garden Gnome below!
Once you’ve decided on a Tier, you can purchase it in the FT Store! Please make absolutely sure you’re satisfied with the Tier you select before purchasing, as we may not be able to change it. You may only join one tier. You will still be able to purchase these Club Memberships into July, but you won’t be able to earn rewards from the days that have passed. We suggest purchasing your Club Membership as soon as possible to start learning the mysteries of the mailbox and prepare for July fun!
Award Show Garden Gnome Details
Like the other Garden Gnomes, the Award Show Garden Gnome is a temporary POB that will remain on the map until 23:59 MHQ on December 31. It will bounce to both physical and virtual munzees, specifically: Greenies, Premium Munzees, all Virtual Colors, Entertainment Places, Drink Depot Places, Treehouses, and Skylands every 6 hours or when capped.
If you haven’t picked up a Garden Gnome yet, they are currently available in the Freeze Tag Store for $7, and will be $6 in July. The mailbox must be capped on July 1st 00:01-23:59 MHQ time to add the Award Show Garden Gnome skin to your account. Once the skin is added to your account, you can change the skin on the gnome to this one at any point — refer to our original blog post for the instructions!
- Capture: 500 during the month of July, 250 during the remainder of the year
- CapOn: 600 during the month of July, 300 during the remainder of the year
When the Award Show Garden Gnome is captured, up to 3 NEW 10th Munzee Birthday Hat munzees will be scattered nearby!
Like the other Gnome Hats, the 10th Munzee Birthday Hat will be visible to any player, and will be deployed on the Gnome owner’s account. This means that unlike Feathers, there are CapOn points for the owner! These hat scatters will NOT count for deploy streaks, ZeeOps, or clan activity since they are passive deploys.
The rewards for 10th Munzee Birthday Hat are as follows:
- Capture: 100 during the month of July, 50 during the remainder of the year
- CapOn: 100 during the month of July, 50 during the remainder of the year
The Award Show Garden Gnome will be available for multi-capture. That means players can capture an Award Show Garden Gnome on their own munzees, any previously captured munzees, and more than once if the same Award Show Garden Gnome visits you. However, Award Show Garden Gnomes are non-blastable. They will be attracted to Munzee Magnets and Virtual Munzee Magnets. You can access Award Show Garden Gnomes by turning on your “All Limited Edition Specials” and “All Expiring Specials” filters.
As a reminder, Garden Gnomes have 4 associated badge lines:
- Unique type deploy badges — you’ll need to earn each month’s skin by keeping your streak up!
- Overall deploy badges — the more gnomes you deploy, the merrier!
- Unique type capture badges — capture at least 1 of each skinned gnome!
- Overall capture badges — capture as many gnomes as you can find!
While we revealed images for the first of each badge line in the original post, we are happy to show you the “Unique type deploy” and “Unique type capture” badges associated with the Award Show Garden Gnome:
Join us in celebrating our birthday month with 31 days of joyous surprises! Are you ready to join the Club?