For the last few weeks, we have been sharing Munzee Tips to help ease new player transitions into everyone’s favorite real world scavenger hunt. After sharing 20 tips for both deploying and capping munzees, this week we’re keeping things simple with a short and sweet list of advice that long-time Munzee players wish to offer to the newbies.
Feel free to share these posts with new referrals (and don’t forget to share your referral code)! If you are new to the game and checking out our blog for the first time, welcome to Munzee! Things may seem confusing at first, but there are always plenty of players who are ready to help!
Here is the advice that current players have to offer:
1. The Facebook page Munzee Water Cooler* is a very helpful resource where you won’t be chastised for being a newbie asking questions. It’s filled with very helpful individuals for the most part. You will learn a lot by joining! (Mygalstar)
2. As a new player, build up the area where you live. You can then easily go out quickly to capture the many Bouncers that will land on your deploys. A good mix includes many greenies, a set or two of Elemental Mysteries, and a few Shamrocks. You can then fill in gaps with virtuals, starting with green, then red and black. Nothing beats just walking out of your house and capping some high point Munzees. (Jim Roik)
3. Try to earn the badges that are harder to earn, such as the Repeater and the Pi-badges, in the early days of the game. Very particular badges that include exact numbers will be harder to achieve once you are a regular player. (Norbee97)
4. As soon as possible, start deploying AND capturing at least one Munzee every day. This will let you get the streak badges sooner and get you into the game much more quickly. (malof)
5. Patience is an important tip! As a new player, it takes time to grow your local area, and it takes time to buy/earn munzees to deploy. It’s okay to get a little jealous of the older players and their many CapOns, but don’t worry, it will come in time. And there is a LOT to learn, so be patient with yourself! (Fizzlewizzle)
6. Get online and read about Munzee! The blog will tell you about badges, points, types of munzees, Specials, filters, etc. This helps you understand the game a little quicker. (Read about the different types HERE!) Also wherever you go, open the map and you will cap. (Sandmari)
7. Don’t cap everything in your local area. You never know when you need a quick cap or a certain type to keep a streak alive! This will also be beneficial if you choose to engage in Clan Wars or ZeeOps. (Cceasar)
8. Try to get into a Munzee community. This will help and support you in the game, as well as occasionally understanding the written word from MHQ. For me, the start of socializing within the game was attending an event and starting to talk to the lovely Munzee people. Today I think of them as my (Munzee) friends! (Jorgensen4220)
9. When attending events (or even just capping!), take along a portable battery charger or an iPad. Battery life is important when in a large area or park. (This tip may seem simple, but nothing cuts quite like a dead phone during a capping streak!) (NanaKern)
10. Become a Premium Member. The ability to use filters is incredibly helpful. In an instant you can filter out and see hotel/resorts that have rooms. You can filter and see JUST where myths are located near you. Being a Premium Member allows you to do this! (MRSG9064)
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date with the latest tips and gameplay updates. We’re also beginning to dust off the Munzee Help Manual, where you can find these Tips and Tricks. To share your Munzee Tip, connect with us on social media or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, a big thank you to all players who shared their tips!
*Munzee Water Cooler is a player-run fan group not affiliated with Freeze Tag.