Featured Munzee Toolkit: Alex Williams (Squonk)
One of the best parts about Munzee is that you can play how you want. Everyone goes about playing a bit differently, and that leads to some very creative and innovative uses of objects. From containers to bags to maintenance, we always encounter something new when we meet players. We want to showcase your Munzee Toolkits to see how you play the game and possibly even inspire other players who may need help. This week’s featured Munzee Toolkit comes from Alex Williams (Squonk).
Who are you?
I’m Alex Williams, and my username is Squonk. My family also plays as hardcorepistachio, squirrelwithsombrero, Zappa, and kwyjibo.
What’s in your toolkit?
I mostly play on my own and carry 1 accordion wallet that consists of everything: generics, batch processed greenies, Fire, Ice, Shamrocks, Earth, gems, evolutions, urban camo generics, 1 dog tag, a couple of RPS, and Mystery Munzees. The wallet goes with me EVERYWHERE.
I never leave home without having the family toolkit in my car for when they join me to play. It consists of:
- a 2nd wallet as a back up for when we have a specific goal and only want to take the essentials for said goal plus a few generics.
- 2 small tackle boxes:
- One contains — more generics, RPS, Mysteries, hard plastic generics (that I got at an event attended by Rob and Dylan), and batch processed greenies for the kids.
- The other contains — coinz, dog tags and beaded chains, nails, and zip ties for affixing dog tags to trees, fence posts, and wooden poles.
- . tin with my batch processed greenies.
- a tin of urban camos.
- Back-up battery packs, charging cords, and plug-in chargers
- a tube of Gorilla Glue (not pictured)
- a Swiss-army knife (not pictured)
This winter, the toolkit also included a thermos of hot water and an ice scraper. We had a severe winter, and I had to scrape ice off many light poles in order to cap.