Munzee Player of the Week: Tim Arnts (DarthGarbage)
As Munzee has grown over the years, the game has evolved in so many more ways than any of the co-founders could have imagined. We’ve certainly had our fair share of growing pains, but in its essence Munzee has tried to stick to its core goal of getting people out into the world. No one knows this better than those players who have been with us since the beginning. This week’s Player of the Week is Tim Arnts (DarthGarbage).
Who are you?
Tim Arnts aka DarthGarbage
Where in the world do you live?
North Tonawanada, NY about 15 minutes north of Buffalo
How long have you played Munzee?
985 days (Editor’s Note: It’s 1005 days as of the release of this post.)
How did you find Munzee?
A local player, Monkee, picked it up at Midwest Geobash one year, and she told me about it. I downloaded the app and started out by capping other local players’ munzees to help them with their scores. I did not really get into it until the Clan Wars started. Even then, I hop on clans to help the rest of the group achieve their rewards. Munzee was never really about points for me.
What do you most enjoy about Munzee?
- Being outside. Any reason to get off of the couch is a good thing.
- The Clan Wars. Without them, I probably would not play nearly as much as I do now.
- Events. I like to push the boundaries for events. Instead of the just show up and cap stuff approach, I like to try fun stuff. If you want one of my badges, you are going to work for it.
What is on your wish list?
- The return of FitBit.
- Tour Munzees. I think a great way for people to explore cities is to have the locals set up a tour of the sights.
- Fix the submission forms on the website so I don’t have to keep bugging Daniel.
- I want to party with Scott Foster in Buffalo. Let’s make it happen. 🙂 (Editor’s Note: You never know what could happen if #GetScottToBuffalo starts trending.)
Tell us about yourself!
I was born and raised in North Tonawanda, NY. I live with my wife, Stacie, our dog Fozzie (aka The Furry Jerk) who has his own cult following, and our cat Regan who is just glad when the dog is gone. For the last ten years I have worked for a local non-profit that helps children with autism. It is a very challenging job at times, but it is always a rewarding one. I also dabble in the occasional art project and have sold some of my work to benefit local charities. I started caching in 2009 and just made the progression in to Munzee. I still enjoy both games today (one of the very few in Buffalo).
Other hobbies include:
I am a huge comic book nerd. I grew up reading comics and have just never stopped. I am also an avid camper and spend the bulk of my summers somewhere in the woods. I also enjoy annoying Frank Broughton any chance I get. 🙂
DarthGarbage also included a social (which is on the Header Image), so cap away!