October 2022 Skin: Flaminghost
As the month comes to a close, we wanted to make sure you were heading into October with your desired Flamingos! The skin for completing your September capture streak (and the corresponding badge), which is the Oktoberfest Garden Flamingo shown below, will be awarded in early October. But, we couldn’t wait to share what’s in store for next month!
September Flamingo Reminders
If you haven’t picked up a Flamingo yet, they are available in the Freeze Tag Store for $4.
How to have a permanent Flamingo on your account next year:
- Own at least 8 Flamingos by the end of the year
- Each month, the price of a Flamingo will decrease by $1.
- However, players can only purchase 1 Flamingo every 28 days.
Where to stock up on Flamingos if you missed out on earlier months:
- Reseller Garden Flamingos include the base Flamingo AND the special Reseller skin — if you’re interested, you can check out our blog post on them HERE!
October Flamingo Details
What Flamingo Skin can you look forward to earning in October? The spooky Flaminghost! Like the other flamingos, the Flaminghost is a temporary POB that will remain on the map as long as players with permanent Garden Flamingos continue to use it.
As stated earlier, to earn this skin, you’ll need to complete next month’s (October’s) capture streak. Once the skin is awarded in November, you can change the skin on the flamingo to this one at any point — refer to our Help Guide article for the instructions!
You can find these frightening fowls haunting the following landing pads every 6 hours or when captured:
Additionally, the Flaminghost will scatter up to 3 NEW Spooky Feathers nearby when it is captured!
Like the other Flamingo Feathers, these scatters will be visible to any player and will be deployed on the Flamingo owner’s account. This means that unlike Air Mystery Feathers/Boulders, there are CapOn points for the owner! They expire after 120 minutes and have a capture radius of 300 feet. These flamingo scatters will NOT count for deploy streaks, ZeeOps, or clan activity since they are passive deploys.
As a reminder, Garden Flamingos have 4 associated badge lines:
- Unique type deploy badges — you’ll need to earn each month’s skin by keeping your streak up!
- Overall deploy badges — the more flamingos you deploy, the merrier!
- Unique type capture badges — capture at least 1 of each skinned flamingo!
- Overall capture badges — capture as many flamingos as you can find!
While we revealed images for the first of each badge line in the original post, we are happy to show you the “Unique type deploy” and “Unique type capture” badges associated with the Flaminghost:
We hope earning October’s Flamingo Skin doesn’t have you shivering in fear!