For many of us, the past 3 years have been a challenge. Thankfully, it seems like things are (very slowly) getting better, but if you’re feeling a bit “Bah, Humbug!” this Christmas, we totally understand. In fact, since misery loves company, we thought we could all be a bit Scrooge-y together! If you were a fan of the UnBirthday Card Collectors Club or Valentines Card Collectors Club, here’s another club you’re sure to love! We are excited to introduce the Merry Miser Mailbox, which you’re able to purchase starting NOW in the Freeze Tag Online Store!
Like the past December mailboxes, expect a surprise inside every day from December 1 to December 31! Like the UBCCC, Club members will receive virtual items only.
You’ll need a Merry Miser Mailbox Munzee to receive your goodies! While they’ll only arrive starting Dec 1 as mentioned above, you can cap the mailbox each day until then (helpful to keep streaks up!) as you can see below:
|Merry Miser Mailbox
- Deploy: 100
- Before Dec 1: 10
- After Dec 1: varies
When you deploy this new game piece nearby it will only be visible to AND cappable by you. IT MUST BE DEPLOYED IN APP! To ensure that you are able to capture this new game piece each day, you’ll also be able to update its location if you’ll be traveling at any point during the mailbox period. You can only move the mailbox in app and do NOT need to undeploy first. We really don’t want you to miss out! It is very important you capture it each day.
The mailbox can be captured up to 1000 feet away and is found under the Virtuals filter but ONLY visible to the OWNER. It will be archived after December 31st.
How the Merry Miser Mailbox Works
Starting December 1st at 00:01 MHQ, each day you cap your Merry Miser Mailbox you will be awarded a different Merry Miser-themed Greeting Card capture, similar to the UBCCC. Please note that you’ll only be able to earn that specific card on that day, so you really don’t want to miss a day. Once you cap that card you’ll earn points, and you may also get some extra prizes!
Although this is a full-size Mailbox, we found the process went much smoother with just 1 tier last time. So, there is only 1 Club Membership you can purchase HERE. As stated above, you can deploy the Merry Miser Mailbox right away and get 15 days of extra caps before the actual mailbox period starts!
- Merry Miser Card Collectors Club is available for $25 and includes the NEW Merry Miser Mailbox, which will deliver 31 Greeting Card munzees for you to capture PLUS a matching Merry Miser Card each day for you to deploy, maybe near a friend? That’s 31 new cards to deploy on top of the 31 you can cap! You’ll also get some special bonuses scattered throughout the mailbox period, which could be double points days, exclusive specials or scatters to cap, credits or undeployed munzees, etc. Lastly, you’ll also get a NEW SCREWge Mech!
If you’re interested, you can purchase it in the FT Store! You will still be able to purchase these Club Memberships into December, but you won’t be able to earn rewards from the days that have passed. We suggest purchasing your Club Membership as soon as possible to start learning the mysteries of the mailbox and prepare for December fun!
SCREWge Mech Details
Like the other Munzee Mechz, the SCREWge is a temporary POB. The SCREWge will remain on the map until it has been captured 10 times, as you can see below. You will receive a fully-built SCREWge that will auto-deploy on 00:01 MHQ on December 1st. You will also receive the Blueprint to rebuild it when you have earned enough Cogs in the future.
You can find these greedy cyborgs darkening the landing pads above every 6 hours or when captured.
SCREWge will be available for multi-capture. That means players can capture a SCREWge on their own munzees, any previously captured munzees, and more than once if the same SCREWge visits you. SCREWge is non-blastable. It will be attracted to both Physical Magnets and Virtual Magnets. You can access it by turning on your “All Expiring Specials” filter.
When a SCREWge is captured, it will scatter up to 3 Candlesticks.
- Extinguish Result: 50
- Burn Result: -5
- CapOn: 10-45
These scatters will be visible to any player and will be deployed on the Mech owner’s account. This means that unlike Air Mystery Feathers/Boulders, there are CapOn points for the owner! They expire after 120 minutes and have a capture radius of 300 feet. These scatters will NOT count for deploy streaks, ZeeOps, or clan activity since they are passive deploys.
There are 4 badge lines associated with this launch:
- Merry Miser Mailbox deploy badge — deploying a Merry Miser Mailbox will earn you a special badge that you can see below.
- Merry Miser Mailbox Card capture badges — capture at least 1 of each unique Merry Miser Mailbox card! We’ll keep what these look like a secret for now.
- SCREWge deploy badge — deploying a SCREWge mech will earn you the corresponding Blueprint badge that you can also see below.
- SCREWge capture badge — capturing a SCREWge mech will earn you the corresponding badge. We’ll keep what it looks like a secret for now.
We invite you to join us in re-enacting a classic Christmas story with 31 days of joyous surprises! Are you ready to join the Club?