It’s almost April, and while many of us are confined to our homes, that doesn’t mean our fitness has to suffer! As we announced in our January Resolutions blog, we will be launching monthly Capture Streak Badges centered on a year of being active. Each month’s badge will be dedicated to practicing a different exercise. Similar to how our Super Streak badges operate, you will be awarded a badge if you capture at least one munzee* each day for the entire month. This month’s badge may be tricky to get, but we believe in you!
Each month’s badge will be themed around the particular resolution goal. For April we thought that popular aerobic exercises would be a good way to maintain fitness, indoors or out! Time to rock those colorful sweatbands, arm warmers, leg warmers, and leotards!
Why are aerobic exercises important?
Aerobic exercises get your blood pumping! Good circulation is important as it means nutrients from the food you eat, the beverages you drink, and the air you breathe are more quickly delivered to your entire body, especially the extremities.
Healthline points out that, compared to exercises such as those featured in last month’s Resolution, “You perform aerobic exercises for a sustained period of time,” and additionally, “The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes or more of aerobic exercise five or more days each week. That can be broken up, though. For example, you can take three, 10-minute walks throughout the day.” The article goes on to recommend 10 aerobic exercises you can try, but here’s our own (edited and slightly Munzee-fied) version of that list:
- Jumping to reach those QR codes that tall players stuck on signs
- Circuit of:
- Sasquatch Yeti Squats
- Leprechaun Lunges
- Pegasus Pushups
- Dragon Dips
- Tuli Twist
- Running or jogging to the nearest bouncer
- Walking the loop of Greenies and Elementals around your house
- Swimming with Mermaids and Sirens
- Biking and blasting
- Picking up each piece of litter you see one by one and tossing it into a trash can (bonus points if you had to chase after several tiny square sticker backings that got blown away by the wind)
- Kickboxing other Munzee players so that you can be FTC
- Cutting sheet after sheet of Munzee stickers into individual pieces
Are you ready to break a sweat between scanning QR codes? Before you attempt any exercise, it’s always a good idea to consult your doctor**. Good luck and Munzee on!
* In order to encourage active gameplay we will not count Social Munzees for these capture streaks. If you know you’ll be in an area without munzees, plan ahead!
** MUNZEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXERCISE-RELATED INJURIES