Surprise!!! 🙂 Munzee is celebrating this day with special messages when you capture a Munzee. No special points or icons awarded, just some fun messages. We hope it gives you a reason to celebrate with your mateys! Just don’t make them walk the plank!
This month we wanted to give everyone a new reason to play! It’s not all about trying to make it into the Top 3 – sometimes it’s about working together with your friends from around the globe. That is the design for the clan weapon layout. The clan weapons will not level the playing field during this battle. Can we expand this plan in the future? Yes. Will we? Stay tuned! 🙂
Specifically we’ve chosen “weapons” due to the fact that these are called clan “battles” or “wars”. We hope it gives you a fun new reason to get out and Munzee, with the possibility of earning a limited release Munzee type.
There is much to report in the world of Munzee clan weapons. 10 clans were able to earn the first weapon in Day one. The weapon is small due to the relative ease of each clan player accumulating 100 points over the course of the month. In order to reach the next level players must work together and encourage one another to get out there and Grow the Map or get as many captures as they can. Level 3 and 4 weapons are even more difficult to earn and require extended effort by the entire clan.
During Day one, Clan Hummel Hummel achieved the second weapon. Due to this fact we will explain it here in detail. The second weapon is the Munzee Mace. The Munzee Mace is earned when each player in your clan accumulates a minimum of 500 points. The Munzee mace is a brand new type of Munzee only available to be earned during clan battles. It is a permanent installation on the map and awards a special capture icon to those who capture. The Munzee Mace is instantly added to your account and deployed exactly like a Diamond Munzee. The owner receives 20 points for deploying the mace. Each capture will split the points between owner and capturer with a sum of 20 points. For example: Player 1 captures and receives 8 points, the owner receives 12 points. More details available in the help manual.
The first weapon to acquire is the brass knuckles. This weapon requires only 100 points from each of the 10 players in your clan. Due to the relative ease of reaching 100 points the brass knuckles are mildly effective in the battle. They will earn you a few points and hopefully encourage you to move forward in the battle. This weapon basically assures your clan won’t end up in last place!
***Remember*** Weapons are assigned each night at Midnight MHQ time which means you have 24 hours to accumulate your points before the cutoff for us to send weapons.
The second weapon is called the Munzee mace. It is very effective and will be a GREAT weapon to add to your permanent arsenal. All we can say at this point is, you absolutely MUST get your clan to this level! When the first clan earns the mace we will post here what the requirements are.
Are you ready for war???
September will be a special Clan War Month!
Team Munzee will reward your clan with weapons when you achieve certain levels of play.
- Your clan must be full (10 players) to qualify for weapon rewards. No partial clans will qualify. Visit the forum to recruit additional players if needed. A separate forum account is necessary to interact.
- Munzee Code of Conduct applies to all players. No “phantom” accounts or multiple accounts for only one real person.
- All members of your clan must reach the point level in order to earn the reward for the entire clan.
- Rewards will be sent via email to each member of your clan.
- Individual weapon rewards will not be available. Entire clan or none.
- Clan weapons will be calculated and dispersed via email nightly at Midnight MHQ time.
Brass knuckles, Munzee mace, Munzee longsword, and “The Chuck”. Function of weapons will be explained via email when earned by entire clan. 🙂 Believe me, you will want them!
- Brass knuckles will be awarded when each member of your clan reaches at least 100 points. This is not a cumulative total. It is based on each individual in your clan earning 100 points or more.
- Munzee mace level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 6th we will update this post.
- Munzee longsword level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 11th we will update this post.
- The Chuck level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 15th we will update this post.
Team Munzee wishes you the best of luck in the upcoming clan war! Grab some clan mates, get out there, and grow the map!
May the odds be EVER in your favor.
Munzee gear is now available in the store! All clothing is available in limited quantity for our first shipment. If your size is sold out, use the like button at the bottom to let us know it is something we need to reorder. International shipping is costly, but we are looking for options to reduce this cost in the future. International shipments will receive a few extra items to help that cost (because Team Munzee loves our international community!).
For a limited time, PREMIUM members receive 10% off your total with ANY clothing item purchase!
6 days of bacon!
Begins August 25th, 2013 at 9PM CST — Ends August 31st, 2013 at 11:59PM CST Find your time zone here
- Bacon special logo will be randomly added to regular Munzees deployed all around the globe
- Each bacon will be available for capture by 3 DIFFERENT players (new feature)
- The bacon logo will show how many pieces of bacon remain to be captured (3 strips = 3 captures, 2 strips = 2 caps, 1 strip = 1 cap)
- If you are First to capture the bacon you receive 20 points, second receives 15 points, third receives 10 points
- Each capture will earn the 1 strip bacon logo
- Players may return to any previously captured Munzee which shows a bacon logo
- Players may not capture their own Munzee
Walk off your Bacon Day!
For the final day of Munzee’s 6 days of Bacon contest we are giving you prizes! All day long (CDT) August 31 we will randomly award virtual and diamond Munzees. All prizes are instant win, will pop up on your phone, and be added to your account! We hope you will get out there and walk off all that bacon you capture in the 6 days of bacon contest!
With much love, Team Munzee
*No animals were harmed in the creation of Munzee bacon* 😉
Android users, we need your help. We are looking for beta testers who can spend time providing valuable feedback as we polish up version 2.0 of the Munzee app for Android.
Submit your application here and tell us why we should choose you for our beta test program!
April 15th Shannon & Caley, known as Whomp Nation set out from St. John’s at the easternmost point of North America. Their mission: to ride 2 tandem bicycles from East to West across Canada, from sea to sea. They are almost to the finish line, only a few days left! 300 km left until they make it to Vancouver where they will be on Breakfast Television Monday morning. We’ve enjoyed watching and following their trip. Take a minute to follow them on Facebook or Twitter.