Happy Earth Day from MHQ! To celebrate the day, we’re offering 22 percent off on all Earth Mystery Munzees for Earth Day, starting today at 15:00 MHQ time and lasting until 15:00 MHQ time tomorrow. You can stop by the Freeze Tag Online Store to shop this sale, and check out our Elemental Mystery Help Guide article for more information about Earth Mystery Munzees.
Last year, we had the pleasure of working with players to help plant 10,000 trees through the Earth Day Network‘s Canopy Project thanks to our Earth Day fundraiser! Players helped raise the money to accomplish this awesome feat through the sale of Earth Day Evolution Munzees and Earth Day personal tags. It was our pleasure to work with players to assist the goals of the Canopy Project, an organization that focuses on strengthening communities through tree planting.
With so many exciting projects in the works, we unfortunately didn’t have the time to plan any Earth Day fundraisers this year. However, we would still like to take the chance to share simple everyday ways you can improve and preserve our wonderful planet. Munzee is a real world scavenger hunt, and Freeze Tag places great value on preserving the outdoors and protecting the Earth. We love hearing about how eco-friendly so many of our players are, and we hope the following tips can help raise awareness about how to care for our planet!
20 Tips for Protecting the Planet:
1. Follow in the footsteps of our Worldwide Events Manager Louise and bike more, drive less!
2. Cut down on meat and animal product intake. This doesn’t mean going vegetarian or vegan, just reducing the amount of animal products you consume. Try to have a weekly “vegetarian day” to dramatically reduce the amount of natural resources used to produce meat.
3. Reduce, reuse, recycle! This mantra should be a lifestyle. Be wary of the amount of waste you accumulate.
4. Plant a tree! This is a simple yet impactful way to improve the planet.
5. Purchase second hand items to reduce packing materials while also saving your money.
6. Be mindful of the products you use. Choose non-toxic chemicals so that you aren’t polluting the waterways.
7. Don’t waste paper products. Be conscious of how many tissues or napkins you take and how much paper towel and toilet paper you use. Only select as much as you need. Additionally, try to keep your business paperless and don’t waste notepads. Remember to recycle paper products.
8. Recycle your newspapers and junk mail. Rather than throw away unwanted or used paper items, such as newspapers and junkman, recycle them. You can also look into cancelling unwanted newspaper services and junk mail subscriptions.
9. Invest in energy efficient lightbulbs to cut down on greenhouse emissions, and be mindful of how many lights you leave on.
10. Be sensible about how you do your laundry. Consider using a clothesline to save power while drying your clothes. (This will also help them last longer!) Wait until your laundry is full to wash. Avoid doing half loads of laundry, and consider switching to a warm cycle rather than hot.
11. Be a smart shopper! Carry reusable bags wherever you go. Just say no to plastic.
12. Shower more, bathe less. Baths can be relaxing, but try to cut down on time spent in the tub since baths use approximately twice as much water as showers.
13. Conserve your water usage. The less water you use, the less wastewater will end up in the ocean.
14. Cut down on shower time. As little as two minutes of reduced shower time can make an enormous difference in water conservation.
15. Buy local produce when you are able to in order to cutdown on pollution that occurs when transporting goods long distance.
16. Get involved in community cleanups. Volunteer work is invaluable to Earth conservation.
17. Save your energy use (and cut down on your energy bill) by adjusting the temperature in your home and using a timer system for when you are out.
18. Use a travel mug for your daily beverage. This is an easy way to cut down on waste every day.
19. Pay your bills online to reduce the amount of paper waste you acquire. You can also cancel your paper bank statements and work on staying digital.
20. Educate those around you in a friendly manner. Help them understand why it’s important to value natural resources and how they can do so.
Happy Earth Day, and Munzee on!