Munzee 4.0 Is Finally HERE! New Features and Updates Explained!
We know that you have all been patiently waiting for the new and improved 4.0 version of the Munzee app, and we are happy to announce that it has finally arrived! That’s right, the wait is over.
You can download the iOS version of the new app HERE!
You can download the Android version of the new app HERE!
This is an entirely new build, so you will not update your current version 3 of the Munzee app. Instead you will need to search for the new version in your phone’s app store. Please remember that the app may take some time to propagate, so if you don’t see it in the App or Google Play Store, just give it some time. We will be keeping version 3 of the app active temporarily, but we do plan to shut down that version in the near future, so just go ahead and download 4.0 today!
But before you jump into the newly updated game, complete with brand new features, allow us to break down some of our favorite things about 4.0!
The latest version of everyone’s favorite game is a foundation for us to build upon. We consider it a vision for the future, with additional tools being added regularly as we move forward. Due to limitations from version 3, we’ve had to delay some awesome features in the past, but this will limit us no more! We have some big ideas ahead, but for now let’s take a look at what 4.0 has to offer!
Main Feature Updates
- New and improved map loading speed.
- New square pins for Physical Munzees and round pins for Virtual Munzees.
- Updated artwork to include all types in pin form to more precisely show the location of the munzee.
- New interactive walkthrough tutorial hosted by our buddy the newly energized Rover.
- Reorganization of filters into categories, making them easier to sort through.
- Players can now combine multiple premium filters at a time.
- Larger, cleaner font throughout the game.
- Improved compass that more clearly indicates the Northern point.
- Improved follow feature to keep player marker centered on the map.
- New in-app announcements system that will deliver news directly to the players.
- The Munzee capture button at the bottom changes between square and round depending on the type selected on the map so you always know which type you’re looking for.
- Pouch Creatures and Evolution Munzees now include stage numbers.
- New “All Alternamyths” and “All Places” premium filters.
- Filters are now applied immediately. Players do not need to save each time they choose filters.
- Players can now see what filters they have set for each preset, making it easier to edit and make changes.
- Magnet and Special timers now show down to the minutes/seconds.
- Added a new “Inventory” section to the profile, making it more clear to new players what they have available to deploy.
- Players can now quickly tap to capture from the List view using the new green arrow buttons, instead of sliding the entry in the list then tapping to cap.
- Tapping on badge notifications in the activity feed now takes you to that specific badge in your collection.
- Added countdown timer to the leaderboards for when it will reset in MHQ time.
Share with Friends
We know that playing Munzee can be a bit overwhelming to new players, but many of our most diehard fans appreciate the complexity and pride that comes with mastering this multi-layered game. Luckily with our new in-app tutorial for new players, it’s easier than ever to introduce new players to Munzee. That’s why we’re asking our players to share 4.0 with their friends and family!
As a limited time extension to our current Munzee Referral Program, we will host a referral contest starting next week! Help us share the new app and Grow the Game for a chance to earn a limited edition badge, prizes, and more! We’ll have more information next week, but this contest will not be retroactive, and it will only run from February 1 through 28.
While you’re waiting for those details, though, head over to the Freeze Tag Online Store and download a free Custom Referral Card. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to introduce new players to the game and get rewarded for it. The Custom Referral Card will contain your personal Referral code to share with new players. The more shares, the more rewards!
We will also be running several sales tomorrow in celebration of the 4.0 update release! There will be a separate blog post detailing those sales today at 12:00 MHQ, and all sales will begin at 12:15 MHQ.
We know this is long overdue, but we can’t explain enough how many possibilities this opens for the future. The whole team has worked so hard for this release, and we’re ready to keep the momentum moving forward! Thank you to the beta testers for their support (and constructive criticisms) throughout this process. This app would not be what it is today if it wasn’t for them.
Lastly we’d like to give a BIG thank you to all of our players for all of your patience. Thank you for the feedback! Thank you for helping us build the map! Thank you to the many who devote daily dedication to playing Munzee! We wouldn’t be here without you!
So go check out 4.0! Happy Hunting, and Munzee On!