The Munzee Longsword
Long live the Munzee longsword. Three clans earned the Munzee Longsword after play concluded for September 5, 2013. Clans Cologne, Hummel Hummel, and Menagerie were the first clans and players to receive the longsword. How did they earn this level three weapon in the current clan battle? Each clan member accumulated a minimum of 1000 points. Find more details about the Munzee longsword via our help desk.
“The Chuck” is the highest level weapon during this clan battle. It won’t be as simple as just accumulating points to earn this weapon. Which clan will figure out the right combination to unlock The Chuck first?
This month we wanted to give everyone a new reason to play! It’s not all about trying to make it into the Top 3 – sometimes it’s about working together with your friends from around the globe. That is the design for the clan weapon layout. The clan weapons will not level the playing field during this battle. Can we expand this plan in the future? Yes. Will we? Stay tuned! 🙂
Specifically we’ve chosen “weapons” due to the fact that these are called clan “battles” or “wars”. We hope it gives you a fun new reason to get out and Munzee, with the possibility of earning a limited release Munzee type.
The first weapon to acquire is the brass knuckles. This weapon requires only 100 points from each of the 10 players in your clan. Due to the relative ease of reaching 100 points the brass knuckles are mildly effective in the battle. They will earn you a few points and hopefully encourage you to move forward in the battle. This weapon basically assures your clan won’t end up in last place!
***Remember*** Weapons are assigned each night at Midnight MHQ time which means you have 24 hours to accumulate your points before the cutoff for us to send weapons.
The second weapon is called the Munzee mace. It is very effective and will be a GREAT weapon to add to your permanent arsenal. All we can say at this point is, you absolutely MUST get your clan to this level! When the first clan earns the mace we will post here what the requirements are.
Are you ready for war???
September will be a special Clan War Month!
Team Munzee will reward your clan with weapons when you achieve certain levels of play.
- Your clan must be full (10 players) to qualify for weapon rewards. No partial clans will qualify. Visit the forum to recruit additional players if needed. A separate forum account is necessary to interact.
- Munzee Code of Conduct applies to all players. No “phantom” accounts or multiple accounts for only one real person.
- All members of your clan must reach the point level in order to earn the reward for the entire clan.
- Rewards will be sent via email to each member of your clan.
- Individual weapon rewards will not be available. Entire clan or none.
- Clan weapons will be calculated and dispersed via email nightly at Midnight MHQ time.
Brass knuckles, Munzee mace, Munzee longsword, and “The Chuck”. Function of weapons will be explained via email when earned by entire clan. 🙂 Believe me, you will want them!
- Brass knuckles will be awarded when each member of your clan reaches at least 100 points. This is not a cumulative total. It is based on each individual in your clan earning 100 points or more.
- Munzee mace level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 6th we will update this post.
- Munzee longsword level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 11th we will update this post.
- The Chuck level will be announced when the first clan earns the weapon. If no clan has achieved this level by September 15th we will update this post.
Team Munzee wishes you the best of luck in the upcoming clan war! Grab some clan mates, get out there, and grow the map!
May the odds be EVER in your favor.
Munzee gear is now available in the store! All clothing is available in limited quantity for our first shipment. If your size is sold out, use the like button at the bottom to let us know it is something we need to reorder. International shipping is costly, but we are looking for options to reduce this cost in the future. International shipments will receive a few extra items to help that cost (because Team Munzee loves our international community!).
For a limited time, PREMIUM members receive 10% off your total with ANY clothing item purchase!
6 days of bacon!
Begins August 25th, 2013 at 9PM CST — Ends August 31st, 2013 at 11:59PM CST Find your time zone here
- Bacon special logo will be randomly added to regular Munzees deployed all around the globe
- Each bacon will be available for capture by 3 DIFFERENT players (new feature)
- The bacon logo will show how many pieces of bacon remain to be captured (3 strips = 3 captures, 2 strips = 2 caps, 1 strip = 1 cap)
- If you are First to capture the bacon you receive 20 points, second receives 15 points, third receives 10 points
- Each capture will earn the 1 strip bacon logo
- Players may return to any previously captured Munzee which shows a bacon logo
- Players may not capture their own Munzee
FTC with this logo receives 20 points
This logo capture will receive 15 points
This logo capture will receive 10 points
Walk off your Bacon Day!
For the final day of Munzee’s 6 days of Bacon contest we are giving you prizes! All day long (CDT) August 31 we will randomly award virtual and diamond Munzees. All prizes are instant win, will pop up on your phone, and be added to your account! We hope you will get out there and walk off all that bacon you capture in the 6 days of bacon contest!
With much love, Team Munzee
*No animals were harmed in the creation of Munzee bacon* 😉
April 15th Shannon & Caley, known as Whomp Nation set out from St. John’s at the easternmost point of North America. Their mission: to ride 2 tandem bicycles from East to West across Canada, from sea to sea. They are almost to the finish line, only a few days left! 300 km left until they make it to Vancouver where they will be on Breakfast Television Monday morning. We’ve enjoyed watching and following their trip. Take a minute to follow them on Facebook or Twitter.
They’ve been deploying Munzees the entire trip, with 70 already on the map. Each of their deployed Munzees have a special capture logo. Check out their Munzee map! Check out their Munzee account
Almost 200 likes were added to the Munzee Facebook page over the last 3 days in order to award one lucky user 50 diamonds and 50 mystery stickers. Two other lucky users were awarded smaller batches of diamond Munzees. The diamond Munzee is available in 5 packs with a limited quantity available. Deploying a diamond Munzee gives the owner 60 points, the highest deployment amount for any Munzee, and shares points with each capture. For details about the diamond Munzee visit http://www.munzee.com/store/diamond-munzee.html
Congratulations to our three winners. Stay tuned for additional contests in the future.
Join us in Gilroy California on July 26-28 at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Special capture logos will be on the map for this special event. In order to participate you will need a ticket for the festival and then find Team Munzee on Garlic Avenue.
Meet the Garlic Queen, Mr. Garlic, and members of Team Munzee.
RSVP on our Facebook events page!
The official countdown timer has started for the launch of the iPhone Munzee app version 2.0. We’re continuing to take this 21st Centry scavenger hunt to the next level with our all new app built from the ground up!
And for you Android fans, we have a few teaser screenshots from your version that is coming soon!